Wednesday, January 17, 2007

'Lost' Is So Last Year

The next season of Lost is likely to air without breaks in the US, according to ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson.

The current, third season aired in two parts - a "mini-season" of six episodes, shown in October, and a final block of 17 episodes, airing on both sides of the Atlantic from February.

Speaking at the TCA tour on Sunday, McPherson admitted that next season he is considering following the lead of Fox's 24 and airing the entire season without breaks.

"I think coming into next fall there's a good chance we would run it 22 [episodes] straight, either in the fall or in the spring," he said.

Meanwhile, the exec defended the show against criticism of its mini-season, which focused primarily on just three characters.

"I liked it," he remarked. "I think [the exec producers] made a clear choice that the first instalment would be really about the experience of Jack and Kate and Sawyer and the Others. I thought it was really a riveting six episodes... but I like it when they're all together, and I think we're headed toward that when we come back."

Separately, exec producer Carlton Cuse confirmed that he was "in negotiations" with ABC over when to end the show. He added that his ideal scenario would be to produce a fourth season in 2008, followed by a "shortened wrap-up season" to bring the series to a conclusion.

Source

Can you just bring this show to a conclusion already???? It's like, how many people are watching this by now??? I know I don't anymore.

No comments: