Friday, March 02, 2007

Standing Ovation For Mirren At Airport


HELEN Mirren was given a rapturous welcome back to Britain yesterday - after revealing she wore no undies on her Oscar glory night.

Dame Helen, clutching her Best Actress gong, got a standing ovation from fellow airport passengers as she strode to a waiting limo.

The Queen star, 61, beamed as she flew in from Los Angeles: "I've just had the most incredible welcome to my country. It's very, very sweet."

One fellow passenger said: "Everyone burst into spontaneous applause when she passed through.

"It was incredible and she looked really touched by it."

Dame Helen also took away a framed copy of the Mirror's front page showing her eating a burger at an awards bash and said: "I love the picture on the front of the Mirror. It's a wonderful picture.

"I was so hungry at that point and just needed to eat something."

And she spent 20 minutes graciously signing autographs and posing for photos as she waited for her luggage at Heathrow.

However, when quizzed earlier on American TV queen Oprah Winfrey's chat show, she made a far-from regal admission about the Oscars ceremony - her outfit was so snug she was almost nude under it.

Dame Helen took the Christian LaCroix gold gown on to the show and giggled as she clutched her boobs: "It was all made for me so I didn't have to have any underwear.

"It fitted me like two angels' hands. I cried when I put it on - it's a work of art."

Source

No comments: