Thursday, June 26, 2008

Deny Deny Deny

A report by E!’s Ted Casablanca that Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are considering breaking up is “100% completely fabricated,” Garner’s rep tells Usmagazine.com.

The E! report speculated a potential split was “the reason Jen and Ben are always seen cooing over adorable daughter Violet separately.”

But Garner’s rep tells Us: “There is not one ounce of truth to it.”

Garner, 36, married Affleck, 35, in 2005. They have a two-year-old daughter, Violet.

“I don’t know what makes [the relationship] work. But it does,” Garner told Marie Claire last year. “One thing that makes it not not work is that we’re both pretty nice.”

“[Ben] is not someone who’s ever going to blow up on anyone,” she said. “What I mean is, if he’s ever angry with me, he doesn’t act out on it in a weird way or yell at me. And I am the same. So we can handle conflict in a very loving and adult way.”

In the meantime, Ben Affleck is expanding his horizons–literally. The actor has signed up to join Nightline as a special correspondent reporting on the humanitarian crisis in the Congo.

Affleck,35, who’s first essay airs Thursday on ABC, took a Nightline crew into Africa with the goal of spreading the word on a story that gets relatively little notice in the U.S.

”It’s fairly clear that in the modern age that there is a currency to celebrity, or celebrity is a currency, really,” Affleck said on Wednesday. ”I’ve discovered that you can spend it in a lot of ways, or you can squander it. You can be taxed, as well. I really started thinking long and hard about how to use that currency as long as I had it.”


Is it just me or do I smell trial separation......

ICYDN

No comments: