Monday, July 21, 2008

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Is Still A Dumb Bitch

Taye Diggs says Elisabeth Hasselbeck “doesn’t understand” about the use of the n-word.

“(Hasselbeck) doesn’t understand, and, no offense — I don’t think any white person has the right to tell a black person or to even weigh in on subject matter such as that,” Diggs told “Access Hollywood” on Thursday. “They don’t know what it’s like to be called that word; they don’t know what it’s like to be black.

“They can have an opinion, but… don’t take a word that you created and called me for many, many years, and then me being in my position, have the strength to change what it means in my own culture,” he explained. “Don’t try to take it back now. Now it’s ours. Leave it alone.”

Taye isn’t the only one offering his two cents. Scrubs star Donald Faison says: “I don’t think Elisabeth Hasselbeck would ever have to worry being called the ‘N-word’ … For her to be offended by it, it’s kind of weird. African-Americans have used it now as a term of endearment, or how to describe a situation. So for her to say something like that, she has no idea what power it has over anyone.”


Faded Youth

No comments: