Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My Future Husband Is Following His Mother's Footsteps


He claims he was no good at school. So caked in sweat and dust, Prince Harry is sticking to what he says he does best - a spot of hard labour. And a little football.

Yesterday the third in line in throne couldn't have been further from the London party circuit he loves.

But he looked equally at home helping with building work for his African charity Sentebale in Lesotho. Along with 26 comrades from the Household Cavalry, he is in the southern African country for the next three weeks. One third of the 1.8million population is infected with HIV or Aids, and 40 per cent of children are orphans.

'I'm out here because I want to be - it's where I have to be,' Harry said. 'I first came out during my gap year and it was love at first sight. It is a wonderful country in spite of its issues.' Yesterday at the Thuso e Tla Tsoa Kae Community School, the 23-year-old prince and his team worked on building wheelchair ramps, a new septic tank unit and dining hall.

'I love physical labour, it's what I do best,' he said. 'I didn't do well at school.' His break was just as physically demanding - a soccer match with the children.


This Is London

No comments: