Heath Ledger died one year ago today at the age of 28 due to an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. We recently did a gallery of his life via photos which you can view here.
Ledger was found to have a mix of " oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine" in his body when he died, according to MSNBC. What is it with the incredibly talented types that go this route?
He left behind a young daughter with actress Michelle Williams - Matilda Rose.
In a fitting tribute, he was nominated this morning for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role in The Dark Knight as the looniest, coolest most bad-ass villain since Hannibal Lecter. Ledger's role as the Joker in the film which came out posthumously has been called the performance of his way too brief career. Don't just read this, go out and get the DVD and see for yourself. I've taken to only watching the Joker scenes, he's so good.
What doesn't kill you makes you.....stranger. His family must be exceptionally proud today. And sad.