Thursday, May 14, 2009

Farrah Fawcett Needs A Miracle

Farrah Fawcett is "praying for a miracle" in her cancer battle.

The 'Charlie's Angels' actress has undergone unsuccessful radiation and chemotherapy treatments in a bid to beat anal cancer, but she insists she is not prepared to give up her fight.

She said: "Cancer is a disease that is mysterious, headstrong and makes its own rules. And mine, to this date, is incurable.

"I know that everyone will die eventually, but I do not want to die of this disease. I want to stay alive. So I say to God - because it is, after all, in his hands - 'It is seriously time for a miracle.' "

In a documentary following her plight, Farrah admits she never expected to be stricken by the disease and says the diagnosis instantly changed her priorities.

She said: "Of all the things I've ever hoped for in my life, finding a doctor to surgically remove my anal cancer did not even make the top one million on my list.

"But now it was number one, number one as in, primary cancer, meaning it was the first in and for that reason, it needed to be the first out. Because it was this peanut-sized tumour that had sent its army of mutant cells into my liver. And it would continue to send reinforcements into any organ into my body unless someone did something to stop it."

A spokesperson for the actress recently denied claims made by her long-term partner Ryan O'Neal that treatment for her terminal illness had "pretty much ended".

The representative said: "She never stopped getting treatment. She is in a stable condition."

Farrah was initially diagnosed with cancer in 2006. Although doctors believed it had been successfully treated, the illness returned in May 2007.


FemaleFirst

No comments: