Friday, June 26, 2009

Celebrities Pay Tribute To Michael Jackson

In the wake of Michael Jackson's death celebrities took to Twitter to pay tribute to Michael Jackson and to some extent Farrah Fawcett (we'll be featuring a tribute to Farrah Fawcett on Saturday). Here is a roundup:

Lindsay Lohan: r.i.p. Michael Jackson *my love and prayers go out to the Jackson family.. "you are not alone" -mj

Pete Wentz: I have never felt this before in my life. I could measure my childhood 2 now on an mj growth chart. if this is true. Rip. The last legend.

Ashley Tisdale: So sad. Saying a prayer for Michael Jackson

Demi Moore: I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!

Solange Knowles: Thank you Michael Jackson for being my FIRST of many! My mother took me to my FIRST concert, I was only two years old. I fell in love.

John Mayer: Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.

Kim Kardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family! Music will never be the same...

Diablo Cody: We just cued up "Wanna Be Starting Something" in the office. What a great song. RIP.

Tyrese Gibson: I can't believe I'm about to write this Michael Jackson May God Bless your SOUL WE LOVE YOU FOREVER REST IN PEACE I'm sad this is horrible

Miley Cyrus: michael jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Ashton Kutcher: Now the ap confirms aswell. Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids.

Mandy Moore: RIP michael jackson and farrah fawcett. what a tremendous loss in one day.... thoughts and prayers with their families and loved ones....

Katie Couric: What a day....farrah then michael...complete bedlam until latimes confirmed. An obit was done when he was sick. A strange, sad life.

Samantha Ronson: Say what you want about Michael Jackson's private life (just not near me) but NO ONE can deny his talent, his compassion and his legacy.

Peter Andre: "Michael Jackson dying is absolutely devastating. I am totally shocked. MJ, you're the best."

Lance Armstrong: Terrible news about Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett. My best to their friends, fans, and families.

Joel Madden: Stop the gossip, stop the speculation. Take a moment for Micheal and remember his gift to us all. He was truly great. May he Rest in Peace.

Quincy Jones: "I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words."

Liza Minnelli: "He was a kind, genuine, and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life."

Corey Feldman: "I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend. Unfortunately Michael and I had a falling out on September 10th 2001 and that broken friendship had never been repaired … I am filled with tremendous sadness and remorse. All I choose to remember from this point is the good times we shared and what an inspiration he was to me and the rest of the world. Nobody will ever be able to do what Michael Jackson has done in this industry, and he was so close to doing it all again. I am truly, and deeply sorry for all of the heartbroken fans and supporters worldwide."


Source

No comments: