Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Harry Potter's Future Ex-Girlfriend


IT'S a plot worthy of a Harry Potter novel, but the mystery of the Australian woman who captured Daniel Radcliffe's eye may have been solved.

She is 20-year-old insurance worker and musician Cassi McKay.

And, purely by chance, she plans to fly to London next week for a four-month holiday.

Radcliffe, 18, revealed in the Herald Sun yesterday that he hoped to track down the blonde he met at last year's AFI Awards in Melbourne.

Ms McKay was among the musicians performing there, and she had a "two-minute chat" with the actor backstage.

But Ms McKay -- who has a boyfriend -- said the night ended there.

"We said hello and had a quick chat and, for the rest of the night, just because I was fascinated, we were sort of smiling and making eye contact," she said.

She is committed to her relationship but would be happy to meet Radcliffe in London. "I've told my boyfriend about him and I'd be keen to meet up."

Radcliffe, who has amassed a $50 million fortune, had lamented he didn't get his mystery girl's phone number.

"She stared at me the whole night and I was going to get her number and then I couldn't find her," he said.

"I must have walked around that party for an hour trying to look for this

girl like some sad pathetic dweeb, but it would have been so worth it."

But Ms McKay, who is from Adelaide and now works in Sydney, said she wasn't looking to cash in.

"I couldn't believe when he said he was looking for the girl. I was really shocked.

"My Mum read his comments in the paper and said, 'I think he's talking about you'."


Source

No comments: