Kiefer Sutherland has denied any "wrongdoing" following his alleged assault of a fashion designer.
The '24' actor - who is accused of headbutting Proenza Schouler designer Jack McCollough and breaking his nose in New York last week - has released a statement via his attorney Michael C. Miller insisting he was not at fault.
Miller said: "We are troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information circulating regarding Kiefer Sutherland and events of last Monday evening (04.05.09). We are confident, however, that the investigation being conducted by the Manhattan District Attorney's Office and the NYPD will confirm that Kiefer Sutherland was neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer in this incident.
"Out of respect for this law enforcement process, Kiefer will not be making any comment."
It is alleged Kiefer, 42, and Jack began arguing after Jack knocked over actress Brooke Shields. Kiefer is said to have asked Jack to apologise, prompting the designer to push him.
Michael did not reveal which part of the claims Kiefer - who has been charged with misdemeanor assault and arraigned until June 22 - was denying.
Meanwhile, despite initially claiming she had nothing to do with the incident Brooke has released a statement stating she was "bumped into" by Jack.
It reads: "While at the party she was bumped into by Jack McCollough and Kiefer Sutherland became concerned. Kiefer has always been a gentleman in her company. Both Jack and Kiefer are friends of Ms. Shields and she regrets this unfortunate situation.
"A number of statements have been attributed to Ms. Shields in the media that are neither true nor authorised. These statements were obviously made by those who were not in attendance at the party and constitute their version of events."
Kiefer was jailed for 48 days in 2007 after pleading no contest to driving under the influence (DUI). He is still on probation in Los Angeles, with the city attorney there said to be liaising with officers in New York over the new allegations.